Friday, August 17, 2012

My New Home

I'm back from apartment hunting!! While I was gone I kept up with many of your blogs--but it was too difficult to comment from my iphone, so I'll be back in full swing soon!

First off, let me just say that apartment hunting in NYC is CRAZY. You really need to be in the right place at the right time to get the apartment you want.  During our first meeting with our realtor, Rachel and I tried to put an application in on the first place we saw--and only after getting all of our documents to the leasing agent we were told it was taken.  This was such a bummer! We went looking again (and saw 4 or 5 more apartments), and decided to put in an application on a second place, and luckily the other applicants decided they didn't want it and it became ours!!

It is a railroad style apartment, meaning you have to walk through one bedroom to get to the second. Kind of like this: 

 
via 
You can see there are two entrances to the apartment, and we plan to use the "back" door as an entrance to the back bedroom as well.  Our apartment also has doors in between the bedrooms and a hallway that is fully lined with closets.  It was occupied when we saw it, but I'll definitely post pictures when we're all finished moving in!

I've already ordered my moving announcements from Tiny Prints, and I can't wait for them to arrive!

And finally, if anyone ever needs a realtor in NYC, please contact me and I can get you my realtor's information.  She worked SO hard to help us find a home, including staying with us until about 8 pm one night putting applications in. She was so great, and I know the search would have been much more difficult without her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!! They make my day!