Friday, July 20, 2012

Fitness Facts

First of all, let me say that I am absolutely not the most fit person out there. I gained a lot of weight in college (unfortunately most in the last 2 years) and I am desperate to get it off.  In the past I have used personal trainers, done the Insanity program, and tried strictly cardio.  I've also followed tons of fad diets and Weight Watchers.  Since I've tried so many different things, I thought I'd share what works best for me what keeps me motivated.

Most importantly, your food intake accounts up to 80% of achieving your fitness goals.  It is best, as we all know, to eat leafy greens--as many servings as you can each day.  These should take up 2/3 of your plate.  The other third should be lean protein such as chicken, turkey, or fish.
 
In my opinion, it is best to leave out starch portion of the plate to eliminate carbs. 

I also like to juice my own fruits and vegetables.  I do this everyday for breakfast.  I usually will do a fruit blend and add spinach.  Juicing has great health benefits because the nutrients can be directly absorbed since your body doesn't have to break down solid foods.  I use this juicer: 

 

As far as my diet goes, I keep it pretty basic.  If I am not eating fruits or veggies, I try to stick to the Weight Watchers plan.  This helps me stay on track when I want a little treat. 

As far as workout clothes, I am a big Nike fan, but I do think Nike often overcharges.  I like to compare store brands (like BCG at Academy), and if the quality is the same, I will usually purchase the less expensive of the two. 

I like to wear fitted knee pants for running and a v neck or t shirt:

As far as shoes go, I am not brand specific. I am wearing Nike Free Runs right now, but there are plenty of shoe types at different price points--I'm ALWAYS shopping the sale at Finish Line.  Here are a few of my favorites:

 
Asic's GEL Women's Flash

Nike Reax Rocket

 
Under Armor Micro G Split II


 
Asics Gel Nimbus 

All of these shoes can be found on Finish Line's sale page for women.  They range in price from $50 to over $100.  

Happy shopping! Maybe working out will be a little more fun with some new gear?


1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment!! They make my day!