Tuesday, July 3, 2012

London 2012

I think it's a bit of an understatement for me to say that I LOVE the Olympics.  Every four years I glue myself to the television for 3 weeks for the games.  I am willing to watch pretty much any event, as long as I have the chance to cheer on Team USA. But obviously, one of my favorite events is Women's Gymnastics. 


Needless to say, I was glued to this year's coverage of the trials on NBC. 

Gabby Douglas and Jordan Wieber are so talented and charismatic.  I'm so glad to see that they will be representing the USA in London this year.

Just look at these girls!
 

One of the most difficult moments to watch Sunday was Nastia Liukin's fall from the uneven bars.  It was heartbreaking to know that the 2008 all around Olympic champion ended her career with one fall.  She was so humble in her post competition interviews and received a standing ovation from the crowd in the HP Pavillion.  You can't help but respect her--she is so classy and well spoken.

Regardless of what happened in the trials, I am so excited to watch the women's team in the Olympic Games! 

 

 And for any other Olympic fanatics who are willing to donate to Team USA (who does not receive any government funding during their stay at the games) please click here to add a stitch to the flag the team will carry to London.  Each stitch is $12 and the proceeds go toward funding Team USA's stay in London this summer! 

Happy Tuesday!

--Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!! They make my day!